Asian-style shellfish soup with cargette soba noodles
Quick and simple soup to highlight an easy-going, super relaxed Sundays. Cargette stands for the car[rot cour]gette soba noodles in this grain-free soup. Thin, long, flexible veg noodles. They have the same resistance as buckwheat noodle would when you chew on them. Although buckwheat isn't a true grain, yet the grain-like seeds are on the list of banned ingredients for GAPS. What a pity!
You will need (serves 4):
400 g raw seafood (scallops, king prawns, and squid rings)
800 ml home-made fish stock
2 decent-sized carrots
coconut aminos, to serve
sesame oil, to serve
fresh coriander or parsley leaves, to serve
1. Gently bring the fish stock to boil.
2. Peel the carrots, then julienne them.
3. Cut off the end of the courgettes, then julienne with the skin on.
4. Rinse the seafood (if frozen drop into boiling water for 15 to 20 seconds).
5. Add the julienned carrots to the fish stock. Cook on medium heat for 2 mins.
6. Add the julienned courgettes, cook for 2 mins.
7. Add the seafood to the soup and cook for about 3 mins.
8. Serve immediately. Season the individual bowls of soup with coconut aminos and sesame oil, to taste. Sprinkle with some fresh parsley or coriander leaves. Enjoy!
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.