Something to nibble on...
No toast, no corn tortilla chips, no lentil chips, no pretzels, no roasted chickpeas, no popcorn, no grissini while on GAPS, but yes to tahini crackers.
You will need (fills 1 baking tray):
3 tbsp whole sesame seed tahini
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 egg whites
2 tbsp sesame seeds
a good pinch of Himalayan rock salt
freshly ground black pepper (2 peppercorns)
2 generous tbsp coconut floor
1. Put the whole sesame seed tahini and the egg whites into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. In a mixing bowl combine egg-tahini with coconut oil and sesame seeds. Season with a little salt and black pepper. Mix in the coconut flour little by little.
3. Shape the sticky dough into a ball, place it on a baking paper, flatten a little, then cover with another baking paper, and roll the dough between the two baking papers to a thickness of 2 to 3 mm.
4. Gently peel off the top baking paper, discard. With a sharp knife cut up the thin dough into squares, just press the knife's edge to make incisions. This step will help you to keep the baked crackers in shapes you want instead of breaking into little or large pieces.
5. Slide the baking paper onto a baking tray and place it in a preheated oven and bake on 150 C for about 15 to 20 mins, until the edges start to turn golden. Carefully brake off the edges and put the baking tray back for another 3 to 5 mins.
6. Let the crackers cool down completely before locking them into a sealable glass container OR crunch right away. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted form: Eat Drink Paleo Cookbook by Irena Macri
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.