Vegetable-rich king prawn soup
Another idea how to enrich your home-made fish stock, OR create a delicious seafood soup with your home-made fish stock, if you like, with lots of veggies and some king prawns.
You will need (serves 4):
1 l home-made fish stock
300 g raw king prawns
small head of broocoli
2 spring onions
2 garlic cloves
1 cm fresh ginger
1 tbsp coconut oil
coconut aminos and/or sesame oil, to serve
1. For the fish stock preparation please see earlier. This time the makeup of the stock is: 2 mackerels, 4 small herrings, and a good handful of sprats, around 1 kg in total.
2. Peel the carrots and shave into ribbons with the vegetable peeler. Peel the courgettes and shave them too. Stop when you reach the seedy core. Freeze it to use in vegetable stock OR make courgette cream for dinner. Break broccoli into small florets, halve or quarter the bigger ones.
3. Melt the coconut oil, add half of the thinly sliced garlic and ginger. Cook for 2 to 3 mins until aroma is released.
4. Add the fish stock, cover with a lid a bring to boil.
5. Add the carrot ribbons and the broccoli, and gently cook for 2 to 3 mins.
6. Add the courgette ribbons and cook for 2 mins.
7. Drop the raw king prawns into boiling water for 1 mins. Fish them out with a slotted spoon and transfer them into the soup. Cook for 2 to 3 mins.
8. Season with the remaining thinly sliced garlic and ginger, stir in the sliced spring onions.
9. Serve hot. For a more intensive Asian flavour season you bowl with coconut aminos and/or sesame oil. Enjoy!
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.