Sweet jelly bites, mango flavour
These naturally sweet gummies are perfect for afternoon snack or treat, and lovely lunch box companions too.
You will need:
100 g creamed coconut (Biona Organic or Essential Organic for example)
1 medium-large ripe, juicy and sweet mango
1 scant tbsp unflavoured gelatin
1. Halve the mango as close to the seed as possible. Take out the seed, peel off the skin. Make sure to catch the juice.
2. Put the flesh and juice in a sauce pan, bring just to the boiling point, then take it off the heat, immerse a hand blender and blend until smooth.
3. Push the mango puree through a sieve to remove the fibrous parts.
4. Add the gelatin, stir to dissolve, then stir in the creamed coconut too.
5. Pour the mango mix into silicone jelly or chocolate moulds. Place the moulds into the refrigerator for about 1.5 - 2 hours or until ready to serve.
6. Pop them out, share and enjoy!
Tip: For VEGAN option use algae, agar-agar or carrageen instead of gelatin.
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.