One pot gingery minced meat with courgette
You will need:
400 g minced meat of your choice (turkey, beef or lamb)
4 medium courgettes
2 medium onions
1 cm fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves
freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp ghee or duck fat
2 ladle bone broth
1. Melt the fat, add the thinly sliced garlic and ginger. Fry for a minute or two until aroma has released.
2. Add the minced meat, stir until browned. Add the thinly sliced onions.
3. Add the bone broth, cover with a lid and cook on low heat for about 20 mins.
4. Grate the unpeeled courgettes with a large hole grater, then cover the meat with it. Do not mix, let it steam on the top. Put the lid back on and cook for further 6 to 8 mins.
5. Mix the courgettes with the mince, season generously with freshly ground black pepper. Serve hot. Enjoy!
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.