All VEGAN light and quick main dish
There are days when one more meat based meal just cannot tempt me. Then I make a simple, easy VEGAN dish, GAPS style of course, to make tummy happy.
You will need (feeds 2 to 3):
1 cm fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves
a good pinch of ground turmeric
2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Melt the coconut oil. Add the thinly sliced garlic and fresh ginger. Fry for a minute or two, until aromas are released.
2. Add the thinly sliced shallots. Cook on medium-low heat for about 3 to 4 mins.
3. Add the sliced carrots. Cook on high heat for about 2 to 3 mins, then cover with a lid and cook on low for 6 to 8 mins.
4. Season the carrots with turmeric, then stir in the sliced courgettes. Put the lid back on and cook on medium-low for about 6 to 8 mins.
5. Serve with cauli mash, or cauli couscous, or cauli roast. Enjoy!
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.