The ultimate free-from, single-ingredient sweet treat
We have been guests at a friend's dinner table. At the end as we were chatting the evening away she put some nuts and dried fruits on the table. The apple rings looked suspicious and I dared to ask, may I see the ingredients, please. Sulphur, of course. At our next visit I have bought a batch of my Apple Crisps. I don't think she is going to buy any more factory made apple rings.
You will need:
2 medium-large ORGANIC apples
1. Wash the apples thoroughly, cut them in half and core them. Leave the skin on.
2. Thinly slice the prepared apple halves.
3. Arrange the thin slices on a baking tray lined with baking paper (sorry pyrex, you are not the best here).
4. Put the tray into a preheated oven and gently bake-dry at 75 C for about 1.5 to 2 hours (turning them every half an hour or so), or until the apple slices are crisp. Leave the oven door slightly open (prop it a wooden spoon) to prevent moisture build up.
5. Take the tray out and let the apple chips cool down completely, then lock them in an air-tight glass container to keep them fresh and crisp. Share if you dare and Enjoy!