Homemade Christmas presents from edible ingredients
They are ready! This year I have decided to gift my homemade Relaxing Rose and Geranium Bath Fizzies again (along with my Reviving Lavender Foot Bath). It is so nice to soak in a gently scented, natural, relaxing bath, especially if the Christmas finishing line makes you dizzy.
This bath fizz is made with natural ingredients what you probably easily find in your kitchen. No colouring, no chemical perfume of mysterious origin, only pure, even edible ingredients, because our skin deserves the best.
You will need (makes 12 + 8):
1 cup sodium bicarbonate
1/2 cup citric acid
1/4 cup Epsom salt
1/2 to 1 cup rose petals
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
8 to 10 drops of pure geranium essential oil
1 to 2 tsp rose water
1. In a glass bowl mix together the sodium bicarbonate, citric acid and Epsom salt.
2. Crush the dry rose petals with your fingers, mix to the salts.
3. Add the geranium essential oil. Mix well.
4. Add the coconut oil, drop by drop, mixing as you add.
5. Finally add the rose water, drop by drop, mix well.
6. Press into moulds (I re-use and old ice cube mould for my bath fizzies). Let it dry, harden overnight. Ready to pack the next day.
Tip: I have locked them into glass jars with some rose petals.