Simple little treat, after-school snack, light dessert
I often make this autumn-winter treat when it is so nice to switch the oven on and have something hot and sweet. It is just a step further from the baked apples but less fancy than the stuffed apple halves. Simple yet delicious.
You will need:
1 apple / person
pure maple syrup, for serving (optional)
1. Rinse the apples, cut them in half, remove the core.
2. Arrange the apple halves in a glass pyrex dish (cut side facing down), pierce the skin a few times with a fork.
3. Add a good splash of water, sprinkle with cinnamon.
4. Place the tray in the preheated oven and cook at 180 C for about 15 to 20 mins or until the flesh is soft.
5. Remove the tray, serve the apple halves onto trays and dig in.
Tip: Drizzle with maple syrup for extra flavour (the baked apple is quite sweet so take care not to drench it with too much sugar).