Minced venison with courgette spaghetti pasta
You will need (serves 3 to 4):
400 g minced venison
2 heaped tbsp thinly sliced salo (salted, unrendered pork fat)
1 celery stick
2 medium onions
2 fat garlic cloves
5 fat green olives
small bunch flat leaf parsley
6 to 8 young courgettes
1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Gently fry the sliced salo on low heat to release the fat, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the finely chopped garlic and onions. Fry for a few minutes to release the aroma and until the onions are translucent.
3. Add the minced venison and on medium heat stir until the colour is pale and it no longer looks raw.
4. Add the thinly sliced celery and the pitted and roughly chopped green olives. Add a splash of water, cover with a lid and bring to the boil.
5. Reduce the heat to low, add the chopped parsley (reserve some to serve) and gently cook under the lid for 40 to 45 mins. Occasionally stir.
6. Spiralize the courgettes.
7. In a wide pan melt the coconut oil and add the spiralized courgettes. Cover with a lid and let it soften for 3 to 4 mins.
8. Divide the courghetti (courgette spaghetti) between plates, top with the juicy venison mince and sprinkle with some chopped parsley. Enjoy!