Cauliflower rice bowl with prawns and asparagus
A satisfying main course, fresh, tasty, delicious. Before you start, slice, chop and julienne all the veg because this meal is a real quick one once you are done with the veg preparations.
You will need (serves 4):
1 medium-large head cauliflower
2 medium barbosa onions (new season onions with a sweeter flavour)
1 small red onion
2 wet garlic cloves
1 cm fresh ginger
200 g raw king prawns, fresh or frozen
300 g fresh asparagus
4 young carrots
2 tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley
6 tbsp coconut oil
1. Prepare the cauli rice: break the cauliflower into small florets and chop them in a blender fitted with an S-blade (in 2 or 3 batches preferably) for a few seconds until grain-like.
2. Prepare the asparagus: cut off the fiberous ends (the lower third) and discard. Peel off the outer layer of the lower half, then cut into 1.5 to 2 inch batons.
3. Peel the onions and cut into thin wedges. Thinly slice the garlic and the ginger. Finely chop the parsley. Thinly slice the red onion. Peel and julienne the carrots.
4. Prepare the king prawns: put the prawns into boiling water and cook on medium heat for 2 mins, then drain.
5. In a large pan melt 2 tbsp coconut oil, add the cauli rice and toss with two wooden spatulas for a minute or two on medium-high heat, then cover with a lid and let it soften on low heat for 5 to 6 mins. Toss again and cook uncovered for further 2 to 3 mins.
6. Heat the wok, add 1 tbsp oil and stir-fry the onion wedges, toss with two wooden spatulas for 2 to 3 mins. Transfer them to a pyrex to keep them warm.
7. Add another tbsp coconut oil to the wok and stir-fry the prepared asparagus for about 3 to 4 mins. Transfer to the pyrex.
8. Melt another tbsp of coconut oil to the wok and stir-fry the julienned carrots for a minute or two, just until softened. Transfer to the pyrex.
9. Add another tbsp coconut oil to the wok, add the finely sliced garlic and ginger. Fry for a minute to release the aroma, then add the drained, precooked prawns and stir-fry for 2 to 3 mins or until they get some light colour on their sides. Transfer to the pyrex.
10. Add the softened cauli rice, the thinly sliced red onions and the finely chopped parsley to the pyrex and shake to combine all the ingredients.
11. Serve immediately. Share and enjoy!