Sweet and sour condiment to brighten veg and meat
You will need:
800 g plums
4 to 6 medjool dates
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1. Soak the medjool dates for 2 to 3 hours.
2. Rinse the plums, halve them and discard the seeds. Quarter the halves.
3. Put the prepared plums in a pot, and set on medium heat to cook. Cover with a lid.
4. After the plums have softened enough add the drained and pitted dates, season with the cinnamon, reduce the heat to minimum and gently cook for 2 hours, covered with a lid.
Tip: Gently shake the pan now and then to prevent sticking, and when it starts to thicken you need to stir now and then, and more often at the end.
5. Transfer the hot plum jam into a glass jar, let it cool down to room temperature, close the lid and keep it in the refrigerator. Ir will keep up to 5 days, I would say.
6. Serve with roasted meat (with roasted ribs for example), croquettes or with cauli porridge. Enjoy!