Sweet cauli rice with fresh berries
Berries and sweet rice pudding, what a treat! It is perfect for breakfast on the weekends as a special treat or serve into glasses for after the meal dessert.
You will need (serves 2 to 4):
1 medium head cauliflower
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 heaped tbsp creamed coconut
100 ml filtered water
honey or maple syrup
1. Rinse the cauliflower and break into small florets. Put the florets in two or three batchen into a blender fitted with an S-blade and process into a rice-like crumbles.
2. In a large pan melt the coconut oil, add the cauli rice and stir to combine the veg and the oil.
3. Add the creamed coconut, let it melt for a minute or two then add the water. As it bubbles stir to combine with the cauliflower.Cover with a lid and let it softer for 3 to 4 mins.
4. Remove the lid and cook on low heat for 3 to 4 more mins, stirring occasionally. The water evaporates, the cauliflower softens, the rice is ready.
5. Divide between plates, top with the berries, drizzle with a bit of honey and sprinkle with some ground cinnamon. Serve and enjoy!
Tip: Replace the honey with maple syrup to make it VEGAN.