No nut, no sugar just pure, creamy temptation
You will need (serves 2 to 3):
2 ripe bananas (no green endings, yellow skin with brown spots)
1 ripe avocado
1 heaped tsp raw cacao powder (omit for AIP)
2 heaped tbsp carob powder
1 tbsp honey
1 scant tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp Himalayan rock salt
4 tbsp olive oil
1. Peel the bananas and put them into a tall glass container.
2. Cut the avocado in half, discard the seed, peel off the skin and add to the bananas.
3. Add the cacao (omit for AIP) and the carob powder, the ground cinnamon and the salt.
4. Drizzle with a little honey and with a more generous splash of olive oil.
5. Insert a hand-held blender and cream it into a smooth paste.
6. Serve into little bowls (two or three) and put them into the freezer for 30 mins.
7. Transfer the bowls into the refrigerator until serving. Enjoy!
Notes: I have found that without the olive oil the cream won't be silky smooth, and that the salt also essential for the balanced taste.
For a VEGAN version replace the honey with maple syrup.
Tip: Use it as a dip for plain plantain chips or fresh strawberries, or as a spread on crunchy apple slices, eat with coconut yoghurt or just plain by the spoon as a sweet and creamy treat.