Friday 15 July 2016

Grow your own celery?

regrowing_celery
Project to regrow celery

Regrowing celery at home in a glass jar? I asked skeptically when a fried suggested the idea. I am a curious one so I thought what a fun project, let's try. To my surprise it IS easy, easy as it sounds.

You will need:
1 celery base
1 glass jar
some filtered water

1. Cut off the base of the celery (use the stalks in soups and salads, as usual).
2. Stand the cut celery base (cut side up) in the jar, add some water and place the jar on the windowsill. Change the water every other

In 2 to 3 days the middle of your cut celery will start to grow. Surprise! Surprise? Water and sun!

The above picture is a week old celery. Of course, you won't feed you family from this little growing celery, this project is more for fun than for a meal, but give it time, who knows!

UPDATE: In two weeks my celery got roots so I planted it out in a pot on the balcony.

No comments:

Post a Comment