Easy midweek meal: oven baked patties served with salsa fresca
For the three-ingredient patties you will need (makes 24 patties):
1200 g minced lamb
6 medium onions
a large bunch of flat leaf parsley
Tip: Swap the parsley for coriander or use mixed herbs like mint and thyme if you fancy.
1. Finely chop the onions, then the parsley. Put them in a mixing bowl.
2. Add the minced lamb and mix with your hands until thoroughly combined.
3. Take two baking trays. Divide the meat mince in two.
4. Take a generous tbsp mince and roll into a ball. Use up all the meat. Arrange them on the baking trays. My tray holds 12.
5. Flatten the patties and place the trays into a preheated oven and bake at 175 C for 20 to 25 mins, then turn the patties and bake for about 20 more mins.
6. Transfer the patties to a plate and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
Tip: Serve 2 patties per person. Freeze the leftovers for easy meal options. The 24 patties make 6 servings for two or 4 servings for 3 person.
a good handful of cherry tomatoes (red, orange, yellow)
1 medium red onion
1 fat garlic clove
small bunch fresh coriander leaves (cilantro)
1 medium, ripe avocado
1 Serrano pepper (optional)
juice of 1 lime
2 tbsp olive oil (optional)
1. Finely chop the red onion, garlic and cilantro. Add them to a mixing bowl.
2. Rinse the tomatoes and quarter them, add to the bowl.
3. Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone, peel off the skin and dice the flesh. Add to the bowl.
4. Add the Serrano pepper finely chopped (if using).
5. Squeeze in the lime and gently toss the ingredients to mix.
6. Drizzle with olive oil (if using). Serve fresh with the hot or cold lamb patties. Enjoy!