Tender chicken drumsticks cooked with cauliflower and leek
You will need (serves 4):
8 chicken drumsticks (with skin)
3 tbsp duck fat or lard
1 medium head cauliflower
3 young leeks
1 medium onion
2 fat garlic cloves
1 cm fresh ginger
1. Prepare the veg: thinly slice the onion, ginger and garlic. Rinse and break the cauliflower into small florets. Slice the leeks.
2. In a casserole, melt 2 tbsp fat, add the onions, ginger and garlic and fry for a few minutes until the onion has browned lightly.
3. Add the cauli florets, toss with two wooden spatulas and fry for 2 to 3 mins, then add the leeks, fry for two mins. Transfer the veg into a pyrex.
4. Melt the remaining tbsp fat, add the chicken drumsticks and lightly brown them on all sides.
5. Add a little filtered water, to cover them 2/3 part. Bring to the boil, cover with a lid and gently cook for 25 mins. Shake the pan occasionally.
6. Add the veg back, keep the lid on and gently simmer for 8 to 10 more mins. Serve hot, enjoy!