Wednesday 21 September 2016

Curly kale chips (AIP)

curly_kale_chips_AIP
It is home made, it is pure and it is crunchy and brittle, the way I love it

There is nothing better than a freshly made crispy kale chips waiting for you at the end of the day to chill out and relax in comfort. It takes only a few minutes to make and the enjoyment is more than delicious.

I have discovered the baked kale just over two years ago and I still cannot get enough of it. I adore kale both curly and black. I wish for the kale season that would last all year round.

To make this simple yet delicious crispy kale you will need:
200 g curly kale
2 generous tbsp coconut oil

1/2 tsp fine Himalayan rock salt (optional)

1. Rinse the kale leaves, shake off the water and pull the curly bits off the stem. Chop them roughly and put them in a mixing bowl.
2. Melt the coconut oil, pour onto the kale in the mixing bowl. Stir to coat the leaves with the melted oil.
3. Arrange the prepared kale pieces on two baking trays (I love my pyrex baking trays, no need for baking paper) in a single layer, nicely spaced.
4. Sprinkle with some fine salt (if using, but perfectly fine without it, I use mostly just the coconut oil version) and put the trays into the preheated oven and make it crispy at 150 C in about 8 to 10 mins.

Tip: Please watch out, if it starts to brown you have over-baked you kale.

No comments:

Post a Comment