Saturday 20 August 2016

Coconut porridge (AIP)

coconut_porridge_AIP
Finally a porridge!

I loved my daily porridge (yes, every single day!) of organic oats with fresh fruits, seeds and nuts (you can find many recipes here on this blog, and more on my former blog for VEGAN oat porridge ideas). I loved how it warmed my body up in the mornings. I looked forward to the scent of freshly cooked porridge. I loved the texture, enjoyed the shapes and the colours that the various toppings lent to the humble cooked oat. I miss it terribly! It is like a lost love to me, it makes my heart yearn more and more so as the time slipping by. BUT I have conquered my cravings for porridge (at least for now). I now have the texture and the look of a proper porridge! And it it delicious!!

You will need (serves one):
2 ripe bananas
2 generous tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp coconut flour
1 scant tsp tapioca flour
pinch of fine Himalayan rock salt
wee pinch of bicarbonate soda
juice of a 1/2 lime

1 generous tbsp coconut oil, for cooking the porridge

1. Peel and mash the bananas with a fork. Mash them well so they are somewhat sticky. Put the mashed banana in a mixing bowl.
2. Melt the coconut oil, add to the bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
3. In a wide pan melt the coconut oil, add the porridge mix, on low heat let it cook for a few minutes, undisturbed, just until a light 'crust' arrears on the bottom. With a wooden spatula lift, break and stir.
4. Keep stirring and keep letting it stick now and then. After a few more minutes you will get the porridge consistency.
5. Serve into a bowl and top with fruits of your choosing.

I have topped my wonderful porridge with cooked, soft fig and strawberry slices.

You will need:
1 large fig
2 or 3 strawberries
1 generous tbsp coconut oil
1/3 tsp ground cinnamon

1. Rinse the fruits, then slice.
2. In a pan melt the coconut oil, add the sliced fruit. Cook on low heat until the sliced start to bubble.
3. Turn, season with the ground cinnamon. Cook for another minute or so, then serve on top of your freshly made porridge. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment