The no-chocolate chocolate pudding with carob and coconut
A little sweet treat - smooth, and creamy, and cool, and sweet, and DAIRY-EGG-GLUTEN-SUGAR-FREE of course. Pure VEGAN awesomeness.
You will need (serves 5):
3 tbsp creamed coconut (coconut butter)
3 to 4 medjool dates (depending on the sweetness you want, or use just 2)
3 tbsp carob powder
1 large, ripe avocado
1 large, ripe banana
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of fine Himalayan rock salt
1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
carob powder and fresh fruit, to serve
1. Soak the dates overnight in a bowl of filtered water.
2. Take out the dates, pit and discard their skin.
3. Put the creamed coconut into a pan, add a wee splash of water and dissolve it on low heat. Take the pan off the heat and let it cool down.
4, Halve the avocado, pit and peel off the skin. Peel the banana, roughly chop.
5. Put the avocado, banana, dates, creamed coconut, carob powder, salt, ground cinnamon, grated ginger and the olive oil into a blender and pulse for a few seconds to combine then blend for 15 to 20 seconds until smooth and creamy.
6. Spoon into ramekin dishes and refrigerate for at least an hour but better for 2.
7. To serve: sprinkle with some carob powder and decorate with some fresh fruit. Share and enjoy!