The green GAPS plate
I guess I just can't give in to the idea of meat with every meal. There is still much vegan left in me. The vegetarian parts of this meal are: ghee, egg and mayo. Omit these and the green plate stays vegan. There is plenty of protein in peas and beans, in broccoli too, and there is enough fat in avocado, ghee, egg and mayo. I do not see the need for any more animal product in this tasty green as it gets plate. Serve it as a main, a salad, or great as a side dish too.
You will need (feeds 2):
1 medium head broccoli
250 g green peas
200 g green beans
1 small red onion
2 wet garlic cloves
1/2 cm fresh ginger
1 tbsp mayo, home-made
1 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp sesame seed (optional)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Melt the coconut oil in a pan. Add finely chopped garlic, ginger and red onion. Cook for 3 to 4 mins.
2. Add green beans, cut into an inch long pieces, sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional), stir to cover the beans with the seasoned oil. Add a wee splash of water. Cover with a lid and braise until cooked.
3. Boil the egg for 7 mins, then put into a bowl with cold water to cool down a bit. This will make the shell come off easily.
4. Steam the peas until soft and cooked through. When done, stir in 1 tbsp ghee.
5. Break broccoli into florets. Halve the florets, then steam them.
Tips: The broccoli can be steamed with the peas. Put the broccoli on top of the peas.
To serve: Put steamed broccoli, peas with gee, and sesame green beans on a plate, add sliced avocado, place halved egg on the top and sprinkle the plate with chopped onion greens. Enjoy!
Allergy: Egg, Mustard, Sesame. No gluten. No grain. No dairy. No nut. No sugar. Vegetarian.
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.