Egg with steamed broccoli and pan-fried tomatoes
You will need (per person):
4 sprouting broccoli stems
6 cherry tomatoes
1/2 tsp coconut oil
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Steam the broccoli for 6 to 8 mins.
2. Melt the coconut oil in a pan, add cherry tomatoes, and fry for 3 to 4 mins, shaking the pan occasionally.
To poach the egg (choose fresh, organic, free-range!!):
3. Boil water in a pan. When boiling, reduce to simmer.
4. Crack the egg into a cup.
5. With a spoon make a good stir in the water to one direction. Gently add the egg. The whirl will make the egg white to wrap around the yolk.
6. Gently cook for 2 to 3 mins.
7. To serve: Arrange steamed broccoli on the plate, place pan-fried cherry tomatoes to one side, put the egg on top of the broccoli, and cut it open. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper. Enjoy!
Allergy: Egg. No gluten. No grain. No dairy. No nut. Vegetarian.
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.