Juicy summer crumble made without grains, sugar, dairy, and eggs
You will need:
125 g blueberries
125 g black currants
125 g blackberries
225 g strawberries
50 g desiccated coconut
150 g ground almonds
3 generous tbsp coconut oil
1/2 inch fresh ginger
1. Put the berries in a pan (my strawberries were small so I left then in whole, if yours are big, quarter them), add the very finely sliced ginger, and a wee splash of water. Cover with a lid and bring to boil. Reduce the heat to minimum an cook for 3 to 4 mins.
2. Mix together almond and coconut, rub in the coconut oil until the mixture gets a crumbly texture.
3. Spoon berry mix into an ovenproof dish (I used a 13 x 23 x 6 cm rectangular stoneware dish).
4. Scatter the crumble mix on top.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 150 C fan setting for about 15 to 20 mins, until the top gets a light golden colour.
6. Serve on small plates. Enjoy!
Allergy: Nut. No gluten. No grain. No dairy. No egg. No sugar. Vegan
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.