These little bites can be served as appetizers, a side dish, or as a snack
You will need:
2 young courgettes
1 medium egg
1/3 cup ground almond
4 tbsp coconut oil
2 wet garlic cloves
hone-made GAPS mayo, to serve
1. Wash and cut the courgettes into 4 mm slices.
2. Heat the pan to medium.
3. Lightly whisk the egg with a fork.
4. Put ground almond in a bowl.
5. Dip the courgette slices into the egg, cover both sides, then dust the slices with the ground almond.
6. Melt 1 tbsp coconut oil, arrange the slices and cook on each side until golden.
Tips: Between batches wipe the pan clean with a paper towel so the fallen ground almond crumbs won't burn with the next batch.
7. Serve hot with fresh garlic slices and home-made mayonnaise (GAPS) as a dip. Enjoy!
Allergy: Egg, Nut. No gluten. No grain. No dairy. No sugar. Vegetarian.
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.