Oven baked egg with carrot julienne and beetroot carpaccio
You will need:
1 egg, per person
1 pepper, per person
2 young carrots (bunched)
1 tsp ghee (optional)
1 large beetroot, cooked
fresh coriander leaves, to serve
1. Wash the pepper, cut off the upper third. Adjust the bottom so it sits nice and even.
2. Crack the egg, and gently slide into the prepared pepper cup. Place pepper in a preheated oven and cook at 180 C until the egg white sets.
3. While the egg is cooking peel and julienne the carrots, and put them in a wide bottomed pan heated to medium, immediately cover with a lid, and gently cook (in its steam) for 3 to 4 mins, just until the carrot gets a brighter colour and softens a bit. Take the pan off the heat, add the ghee (if using).
4. Drain and peel the beetroot, then halve and cut into thin slices.
5. Set up the plate: arrange the thin beetroot slices in a circle, overlapping, place julienned carrot in the middle, sit the pepper on top, and sprinkle with fresh coriander leaves. Enjoy!
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.