Oven-roasted cauli side dish fragrant with spice
Cauliflower is the new potato, surely the-GAPS-potato, a versatile veg, which can be mashed or crumbled, and roasted too. It has a fairly bland taste, this makes cauli go smoothly with almost everything. Season generously, and you will never reach for potato again.
You will need:
1 large head cauliflower
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/3 tbsp ground turmeric
1/3 tbsp ground cumin
pinch of ground cinnamon
a good pinch coarse Himalayan rock salt
2 wet garlic cloves
fresh coriander leaves
1. Break the cauliflower into florets. Cut the florets in half.
2. Mix the melted coconut oil with the turmeric, cumin, and cinnamon.
3. Arrange the halved cauli florets on a baking tray (lined with baking paper), cut side down.
4. Brush each floret with the seasoned oil.
5. Put the baking tray in a preheated oven and roast at 180 C for about 20 to 25 mins, or until it gets a nice golden colour.
6. Put roasted cauliflower into a serving dish. Sprinkle with coarse Himalayan sea salt, thinly sliced fresh garlic, and fresh coriander leaves. Enjoy!
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.