Mushroom baked egg, cooked veg and sauerkraut
You will need:
1 egg, per person
1 large enough mushroom, per person
1 tsp ghee
1 small head broccoli
1 beetroot, cooked
sauerkraut (raw, with salt only)
fresh parsley, to serve
1. Crack the egg and let it breath for a few minutes.
2. Wash the mushroom, pat dry with a paper towel. Remove stem.
3. Slide egg into the mushroom, and place mushroom into a preheated oven, and bake at 180 C until the egg white cooks through.
4. Drain, peel and slice the beetroot. Set aside.
5. Break broccoli into florets, halve the florets and drop them in gently boiling water. Cook for 3 to 4 mins. Drain, and set side.
6. Julienne the courgette, and put it in a wide bottomed pan heated to medium, immediately cover with a lid, and gently cook (in its steam) for 3 to 4 mins, just until it gets a brighter colour and softens a bit. Take the pan off the heat, add the ghee.
7. Assemble your plate: take the mushroom out of the oven, place it on a plate, sprinkle with chopped parsley. Place softened courgette and broccoli, cooked beetroot and raw sauerkraut next to the baked egg. Enjoy!
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.