Refreshing summer. Just fruit!
I am not a mad ice cream fan, I must admit. I can perfectly live happily ever after without scooping or licking this soft frozen food. Well, UK's climate doesn't scream for ice cream either. On the other hand, pure fruit ice lollies are a different matter. They are tasty, they are real, they are fun, both to make and enjoy. Single origin fruit lollies are easier to make than going down the supermarket aisles to pick some never-seen-a-fruit, rubbish-loaded brand up. And you know exactly what's in it. It is safe for kids, and actually nourishing. Real fruit, real food. Down with the shop-bought junk! These watermelon ice lollies have no added anything whatsoever. They are 100% pure sweet fruit. Perfect for kids' parties in the summer. Kids will love it, no doubt!
To make watermelon ice lollies at home you will need:
a good slice of sweet, ripe watermelon
wooden lolly sticks
and a freezer, of course
1. Deseed the watermelon slice, discard the rind.
2. Cut the sweet flesh into cubes or leave it in bigger chunks.
3. Put watermelon pieces into a blender and liquify, or use a hand blender.
4. Pour watermelon into the lolly moulds. Fill to the top.
5. Place lolly mould in the freezer for 20 to 30 mins.
6. Stick a wooden lolly stick into each mould.
7. Put the lolly mould back in the freezer for a few hours.
8. Serve, share and enjoy!
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.