Refreshing summer. Just fruit!
As we getting closer to the end of the summer the deep coloured black grapes with their luscious flavour and intoxicating scent sneak into the kitchen. The skin is incredibly rich in pigments, they smell almost like perfume, and taste delightfully delicious. For me grapes are autumn, autumn is grapes. It is like the fruit harvested all the energy, warmth and the very soul of the Summer. Black grapes are great in many salads both veg and fruit, make nice contrast with cheese, and lovely frozen too. To enhance the summer in this lolly I added papaya for its warming colour and super sweet taste.
To make papaya & black grape ice lollies you will need:
1 very ripe, very sweet papaya
a good handful of black grapes
wooden lolly sticks
and a freezer, of course
1. Cut the papaya in half, scrape out the seeds and scoop out the sweet flesh.
2. Put papaya flesh into a tall glass container and blend with a hand blender.
3. Pour papaya into the lolly moulds. Fill up to 2/3.
4. Wash the grapes well, then cut them in half and take out the seeds, if any.
5. Put halved grapes into a glass container and blend with a hand blender.
6. Top the papaya with the liquid grapes.
TIP: The papaya is thick enough so it will not mix with the grape. Alternatively, you can put the papaya into the freezer while you are preparing the grapes.
7. Place lolly mould in the freezer for 20 to 30 mins.
8. When the fruit is no longer runny, stick a wooden lolly stick into each mould.
9. Put the lolly mould back in the freezer for a few hours.
10. Serve, share and enjoy!
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.