Quick and easy coconut based veg and prawn soup
You will need:
150 g raw king prawns
300 g carrots, cubed
300 g green peas, shelled
2 wet garlic cloves
1 cm fresh ginger
1/3 tsp ground turmeric
1 tbsp coconut oil
100 g creamed coconut
pinch of coarse Himalayan rock salt
freshly ground black pepper
coriander leaves, to garnish
1. Peel the carrots and cut into small (pea-sized) cubes. Shell the green peas.
2. Melt the coconut oil, add thinly sliced (very fine!) garlic and ginger. Gently cook for a minute or two, then add the turmeric powder.
3. Add carrot and pea. Stir to cover with the oil.
4. Dissolve creamed coconut in warm water, about a cup, then add to the carrot and pea.
5. Bring to boil, then add two more cups of filtered water. Bring to boil again, then reduce the heat to minimum and gently cook the veg for 15 to 20 mins.
6. While the veg are cooking, drop the raw king prawns into boiling water for 2 mins. Drain, set aside.
7. When the veg are done, add the prawn to the coconut soup. Season with salt and pepper. Gently cook for 2 to 3 mins.
8. Serve hot, sprinkle with coriander leaves. Enjoy!
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.