Oven-roasted vegetable extravaganza, bursts with colour and flavour
Could you resist to this colour storm on your plate? Me neither! I love how bright and richly coloured this veg roast is, and full of flavour too, thanks to the fresh marinade.
You will need (feeds 4):
1 medium head broccoli
5 young carrots
1 medium head red onion
3 young courgettes
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
10 yellow baby plum tomatoes
1 fresh rosemary twig
3 fresh thyme sprigs
3 tbsp coconut oil
good pinch of coarse Himalayan rock salt
1. Take a large mixing bowl, place the coconut oil into the bowl.
2. Peel the carrots and cut in half then into batons (halve the lower end and quarter the upper end). Pop them into gently boiling water and cook for 3 to 4 mins. Drain well, and add to the mixing bowl. The heat from the carrots will melt the coconut oil.
3. Break the broccoli into small florets, halve the bigger ones, and drop them into boiling water for 2 mins. Drain well. Add to the bowl.
4. Let the carrots and broccoli florets cool down completely.
5. Add sliced courgettes, halved yellow baby plum tomatoes, red and yellow pepper chunks, quartered shallots and the red onion cut into eight pieces.
6. Add the juice of the lime, the thyme leaves and the needle-like rosemary leaves. Sprinkle with some salt. Mix gently but thoroughly.
7. Set aside to marinade for 30 to 45 mins.
8. Arrange the marinated veg mix on a large baking tray or use two wide pyrex dishes like I did. Place tray or baking dishes into a preheated oven and bake at 170 C for about 35 to 45 mins.
9. Serve hot with grilled meats. Enjoy!
Allergy: Nightshades. No Gluten. No grain. No dairy. No egg. No nut. No soya.
No sugar. VEGAN.
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.