Fragrant spring onions made into creamy soup
You will need:
2 bunches of scallions (spring onions)
2 young leeks
2 tbsp ghee, + 1 tbsp extra to serve
2 garlic cloves
3 or 4 cups of bone broth (or veg stock)
pinch of coarse Himalayan rock salt
freshly ground black pepper
1. Melt the ghee, add finely sliced shallots and gently cook for 3 to 4 mins.
2. Add chopped garlic, cook for 2 mins, until aroma released.
3. Add thinly sliced leeks, stir to mix. Cook for a few minutes, until soften.
4. Add chopped spring onions, cook for a minute or two.
5. Add the bone broth and gently cook for 15 to 20 mins.
6. Take the pot off the heat, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and immerse a hand blender to cream the soup.
7. Serve hot with drops of golden ghee. Enjoy!
Tips: To make this soup VEGETARIAN replace bone broth with veg stock. To make the soup VEGAN replace the ghee with coconut oil.
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.