Cauliflower baked in the oven with red onion topping
You will need:
1 large head of cauliflower
1 medium red onion
1 medium egg
1/4 tsp mustard powder
a good pinch of Himalayan rock salt
a pinch of turmeric powder
a wee pinch of ground cinnamon
freshly ground coarse black pepper
about 3 tbsp coconut oil
1. Wash the cauliflower and break into small florets. Halve or quarter the bigger ones.
2. Steam the florets until soft but still hold shape well.
3. Put hot cauliflower in a mixing bowl, add the coconut oil, let it melt, then shake the bowl (more like flipping pancakes movement) to cover the florets with oil evenly.
4. Lightly beat the egg, season with mustard, turmeric, cinnamon, and freshly ground coarse black pepper.
5. Put oiled cauli into a small baking dish. Sprinkle with the finely chopped red onions and with a little bit of salt.
6. Pour over the seasoned egg.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for about 20 mins. Want more colour, bake a little longer.
8. Serve hot with your main dish. Enjoy!
Allergy: Egg. Mustard. No dairy. No gluten. No grain. No nut. Vegetarian.
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.