Flaky tuna and hard boiled egg in lime and avocado mayo
Here is this cold salad (well, technically you could serve it warm but that would ruin the mayo, wouldn't it) in its edible spoon, where the smooth and creamy meets the raw and crunchy. You will keep coming back for one more, just one more, the last one, oh I need to have one more...
You will need:
120 g tuna in olive oil
3 medium eggs
2 young carrots
2 heaped tbsp lime and avocado mayo
freshly ground coarse black pepper
1. Boil the eggs for 10 mins. Drain and cover with cold water. Let them cool down in the water.
2. Peel the carrots, cut into small cubes. Put carrots in a pan, cover with filtered water, bring to boil, then reduce to minimum and gently cook for 8 to 10 mins. Drain. Let it cool in the strainer.
3. Shell the eggs, cut into small cubes, then put egg into a mixing bowl.
4. Add well drained tuna, broken into smaller pieces.
5. Add well drained carrots. Gently mix.
6. Fold in the lime and avocado mayo. Serve immediately or keep in the fridge until needed.
7. Use gen lettuce leaves as edible spoons, sprinkle each serving with freshly ground coarse black pepper. Enjoy!
Tips: For tuna in olive oil Iwill recommend either Fish4Ever White Tuna Steaks in Olive Oil or Ortiz Bonito Tuna in Olive Oil, with ingredients being fish, olive oil and salt. No nasties.
Allergy: Fish. Egg. Mustard. No dairy. No gluten. No egg. No nut. No
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.