Lovely autumnal treat - pear with warm spices
Luscious, aromatic pears cooked with warming spices, sweetened with fruit only. Best served cold.
You will need (serves 4):
4 ripe pears
a small handful of natural raisins
1 vanilla pod
2 inches of cinnamon
1 star anise
1 green cardamom
1. Soak the raisins overnight. Rinse a couple of times. Put them in a larger sauce pan, and add 2 cup of filtered water.
2. Add the spices: star anise, green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, and the vanilla pod, cut in half then quartered.
3. Gently bring to the boil then simmer on very low heat for 8 to 10 mins.
4. Peel the pears, quarter each and cut out the seedy core.
5. Put the pears into the sweet compote base and gently cook for 5 to 7 mins, until the pear quarters are soft but still holding their shape well.
6. Let the compote cool down completely, then transfer into the refrigerator for about 1.5 to 2 hours to chill, then serve, share and enjoy!
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.