Moist and juicy salad to go with your main course
If you bored with cauliflower for side dish then this green and yellow salad will brighten your palate. It has good fats from seeds and avocado and the benefits of a leafy green veg, perfect for either fish OR meat.
You will need (serves 2 to 4):
4 large curly kale leaves
1 large avocado
juice of a 1/2 lemon OR 1 lime
200 g yellow baby plum tomatoes
4 tbsp pumpkin seeds
4 tbsp olive oil
a good pinch of Himalayan rock salt
1. Pull the curly leaves off the stem, tear the leaves into smaller pieces (you can chop them if you like but I find it quicker to tear them apart). Steam the kale for 10 to 12 mins.
2. Lightly toast the pumpkin seeds in a dry pan. Set aside.
3. Mash the avocado flesh with a fork. Stir in the lemon juice (OR lime) and the olive oil.
4. Rinse the yellow baby plum tomatoes and cut them in half.
5. Put the halved yellow baby plum tomatoes in a mixing bowl. Add the steamed curly kale. Season with little salt. Sprinkle with the toasted pumpkin seeds. Gently fold in the mashed avocado. Mix thoroughly. Serve and enjoy!
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.