Crispy, crunchy carrot and beetroot pieces
Need some healthy snacks? Try these gently baked thin veg slices, utterly addictive. I've warned ya!
You will need:
2 medium beetroots
4 purple carrots
1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Wash and peel the beetroots, cut in half, then slice them thinly.
2. Wash and scrub the purple carrots well, then using a vegetable peeler shave them into thin ribbons.
3. Prepare two baking trays: line them with baking paper and thinly spread some coconut oil on the papers.
4. Arrange the thin beetroot sliced on one tray and the thin purple carrot ribbons on the other one, and lightly brush the top of the vegetables.
5. Put the veg trays into a preheated oven and gently bake-dry on 85 C for about 2 to 2.5 hours, turning the veg halfway.
6. Let them cool down completely. Enjoy your delicious snack straight away or lock the crispy veg slices into an air-tight container to keep them fresh and crunchy. Share and enjoy!
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.