Raw green veg salad with all its freshness and crunch
Nothing beats a big bowl of crunchy green vegetables when it comes to supplement a meal. Great as it is but equally lovely as a base for a fish and egg bowl (see next recipe).
You will need (serves 2 to 4):
2 gem lettuces
1 large avocado
4 spring onions
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
juice of 1 lime
pinch of mustard powder
pinch of coarse Himalayan rock salt
1. Peel the cucumber and dice. Put the diced cucumbers into a mixing bowl.
2. Cut the avocado in half, take out the seed, peel off the skin and dice the flesh. Add to the cucumber.
3. Add the lime juice to the bowl, mix thoroughly.
4. Rinse the lettuce leaves, drain well, then tear into smaller pieces.
5. Add the sliced spring onions then the lettuce leaves to the bowl. Toss.
6. Mix the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt and mustard powder in a small bowl then pour over the salad. Gently mix to coat the veg with the oily mixture.
7. Serve with poached, grilled or baked fish OR as base for a salad bowl. Enjoy!
[i] For more GAPS recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.