Light and easy rice noodle soup with veg and seafood
You will need:
2 cod fillets
150 g raw king prawns
3 young carrots
200 g fresh green peas
a handful of cherry tomatoes
Thai rice noodles (King Soba), freshly cooked
1 cm fresh ginger
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp coconut oil
juice of a lime
sesame oil and/or coconut aminos, to season (optional)
flat leaf parsley, to garnish
1. Cut the fish into bigger chunks, put into bowl, squeeze over the lime juice, stir in half of the thinly sliced ginger and garlic, and let it marinade for 15 mins.
2. Pod the peas, dice the carrots.
3. Heat the oil, add the remaining half of the thinly sliced ginger and garlic. Fry for 30 seconds.
4. Add carrots and green peas. Stir for a minute or two, then add 3 cups of filtered water. Bring to boil. Reduce to simmer, loosely cover with a lid and gently cook for 8 to 10 mins.
5. Drop raw king prawns into boiling water and cook for 2 mins.
6. Add fish chunks to the veg and cook for 5 mins.
7. Add halved cherry tomatoes to the soup and cook for 2 mins.
8. Add prawns to the soup and cook for further 2 mins.
9. Serve rice noodle into the bowl, ladle soup over noodles, season with a few drops of sesame oil and/or coconut aminos, and garnish with parsley leaves. Enjoy!
Allergy: Fish, Sesame. No gluten. No dairy. No egg. No nut. No soya.
You might also like:
Moqueca Europeana (GF, DF)