Salmon in coconut based broth, Oriental-style
You will need:
2 salmon fillets
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 cm fresh ginger, half minced, halt thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, half minced, half thinly sliced
1 juicy lime
1 tbsp coconut aminos
2 young carrots
1 pointed sweet red pepper
1 young courgette
3 tbsp creamed coconut
1/3 tsp ground turmeric
pinch of freshly ground black pepper
quinoa and rice noodles, to serve
1. Marinate the salmon: Dice the salmon. Season with the minced garlic and ginger, squeeze on the lime juice, and drizzle with the coconut aminos. Mix, and let it marinate for 15 to 20 mins.
2. Heat the coconut oil, add thinly sliced ginger and garlic. Fry for a minute. Add creamed coconut dissolved in little water. Bring to boil, season with turmeric. Add 2 to 3 cups of filtered water. Bring to boil again.
3. Add marinated salmon. Reduce to simmer and gently cook for 8 to 10 mins.
4. Add julienned carrots, courgette, and sweet red pepper. Cook for further 2 to 3 mins. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
5. Serve hot over Thai rice noodles and/or cooked quinoa. Enjoy!
For GAPS and PALEO: Omit the noodle and quinoa at serving.
Allergy: Fish. No gluten. No dairy. No egg. No soya. No nut.