Twinkle, twinkle little star...
Twinkle, twinkle is upon us. I used my sugar-free almond biscuit dough here with a pinch of extra spiciness, and sunflower seeds for decoration. These biscuits are 100% organic too.
The dough ingredients are the same:
200 g plain flour
100 g ground almonds
100 g butter
50 g xylitol (birch sugar)
1 small egg
For full recipe see Almond biscuits
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground vanilla pod
a pinch of salt (optional)
a pinch of ground ginger
a pinch of ground cardamom
a pinch of ground clove
a pinch of ground nutmeg
+ plain raw sunflower seeds to decorate
1. Combine flour, almond, spices, and ground xylitol.
2. Add the egg and diced butter, combine with hands till forms the dough.
3. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
4. Roll chilled dough to 3-4 mm think, and cut out the six-pointed stars.
5. Place a sunflower seed into each point, slightly pressing into the dough.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 160°C for 15 mins.
7. Let the stars cool down on a wire rack, and keep them fresh in an airtight container.
Allergy: gluten, nut, seed, egg.
Tips: Decorate to your liking. These star will make a lovely Christmas gift and there is still time to bake them.