Festive almond biscuits
Today was the last class at Mini Maestros. My tot and I were preparing a little surprise. We were baking biscuits and making little Mikulás gift packages. There is no sugar in these biscuits and they are 100% organic.
You will need (makes 30-45 biscuits, depending on the size of your cutters, mine were on the smaller size):
200 g plain flour
100 g ground almonds
100 g butter
50 g xylitol
1 small egg
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground vanilla pod
a pinch of salt (optional)
2. Grind the xylitol in a coffee grinder and add to the flour.
3. Add the egg and the diced butter to the dry mix, and combine it with your fingers. Keep mixing it till you form the dough.
4. Cover the bowl with cling film and put it in the fridge for at least two hours.
6. Dust the rolling mat with a little flour. Roll the chilled dough to 3-4 mm thick. Cut out the festive forms (I used a Christmas tree, a snowman, a gingerbread man, and a Christmas tree ornament).
7. Bake them in the oven for 15 mins on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
8. Transfer the baked biscuits into a wire rack and let them cool completely before you put them into an airtight container.
Allergy: gluten, dairy, egg, nut.
Mikulások ready to go