Oven-roasted poussin, stuffed with apple and herbs
You will need:
a red onion
For the apple & herb stuffing:
fresh thyme and rosemary
a bay leaf
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp fresh ginger, thinly sliced
an apple, sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp ground sweet pepper
1 tsp ground cumin
a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
a pinch of ground cinnamon
2. Stuff the abdominal cavity with the apple and herb stuffing ingredients.
3. Mix the spices and oil and rub it onto the chicken.
4. Place the bird into a lidded pirex. Garnish with apple and red onion quarters.
5. Put the lid on and place it into a preheated oven and roast (with the lid on)
at 170°C for 45 to 60 mins.
6. Serve with roast veg (parsnip, beetroot, carrots). Enjoy!