Wednesday 5 April 2017

Dinner companions (AIP, V+)

dinner_companions_AIP_Vegan
Mouth watering side dishes

I often get the question What do you eat then? Well, I mostly eat vegetables. There is a protein source (fish, chicken and lamb are my favourites), not much but just enough, accompanied by a generous serving of various vegetables. I prefer to serve my animal protein with at least 3 different veg. Today I fancied even more. There was:

Stew of root vegetables
I have diced and sliced rutabaga (swede), carrots and celery, added a bay leaf, covered the veg with bone broth (use veg broth for a full vegan menu) and pressure cooked for 30 mins, then added chopped cavolo nero (Tuscan kale) and simmered for 5 more mins.

Beetroot and sauerkraut salad with lettuce
In there there is cooked and diced beetroot with roughly chopped raw sauerkraut, plus chopped romaine lettuce and spring onions. Seasoned with apple cider vinegar and olive oil.

Roasted sweet potatoes
I have washed the sweet potatoes and quartered them. Arranged them on a baking tray, brushed them with melted coconut oil and sprinkled with dried thyme, and roasted at 175 C.

Tzatziki
I have peeled two ridge cucumbers, quartered them and removed the soft seeds, then grated on a large hole grater. Then seasoned with a little fine Himalayan rock salt to draw the moisture out. After 5 mins I have gently squeezed out the excess juice, seasoned the grated cucumbers with a little fresh lemon juice and some apple cider vinegar. I have added minced garlic, little olive oil, a good dollop of coconut yoghurt (Rebel Kitchen Organic Coconut Yogurt, Original) and a bunch of finely chopped fresh dill. Stir and chill.

And freshly chopped flat leaf parsley to serve with all these gorgeous veg. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment