Three-veg plate with ham wraps
Liver is so delicious! Especially when you pair it with sweet and salty flavours. Here the salt is coming from the dry-cured prosciutto and the sweetness is from pear wedges. If you have prepared liver in the fridge this dinner is ready when the salads are done (under 30 mins). You can use simply cooked liver pieces (duck fat is the only other ingredient here) or made with onions (onion fried in duck fat plus liver) or be adventurous adding garlic and ginger to the liver.
To make this delicious and colourful dinner you will need:
3 to 4 cooked liver pieces per person
1 slice of prosciutto and 1 wedge of pear per liver piece
2 carrots per person
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 head of tatsoi per person
gem lettuce, onion greens, green olives, purple sauerkraut, olive oil
1. Wrap each liver piece with a wedge of pear into a prosciutto (Italian ham cured by drying). Arrange them on a baking tray and place the tray into a preheated oven and roast on 175 C for about 15 to 20 mins.
2. Peel the carrots and cut them into long, thin batons. In a wide pan melt the coconut oil, add the carrots and roast for a few minutes, tossing to cover with the oil. Cover with a lid and soften for 8 to 10 mins.
3. Rinse the tatsoi leaves, put them in a wide pan, add a wee splash of filtered water, cover with a lid and gently soften on a low heat for 6 to 8 mins.
4. Rinse and chop the gem lettuce, put them in a mixing bowl. Add the chopped onion greens, the pitted and sliced green olives and some purple sauerkraut. Drizzle with olive oil. Ready to serve.
5. Serve the hot prosciutto wraps with the three salads. Enjoy!