Fried greens with roasted pork ribs
For the EASY PORK RIBS you will need:
500 g rack of pork ribs
1 tbsp dried oregano
1. Rinse and pat dry the rack of ribs. Put into a roasting dish (pyrex) with a lid.
2. Add a wee splash of water and sprinkle with the dried oregano leaves.
3. Put the lid on and put the dish into a preheated oven and roast on 200 C for 15 to 20 mins, then reduce the heat to 165 C and roast for an hour or so. The ribs will be moist and juicy in the inside and crisp on the outside.
For the CRUNCHY GREEN SALAD you will need:
1 gem lettuce
1 celery stalk
1/2 cup onion greens, finely chopped
4 tbsp olive oil
1. Rinse the veg, drain well. Chop the gem lettuce, thinly slice the celery stalk and finely chop the onion greens. Put them in a mixing bowl.
2. Drizzle with olive oil, mix thoroughly.
For the FRIED SALAD you will need:
1 small broccoli head
2 barbosa onions (new season onions with a sweeter flavour)
2 bunches of green asparagus, around 400 g
2 generous tbsp coconut oil
1. Prepare the asparagus: cut off the tough, fiberous white base (the lower third) and discard. Peel off the outer layer of the lower half, then cut into 1.5 to 2 inch length batons. Keep the heads separate.
2. In a large pan melt the coconut oil, add the broccoli florets (halve the smaller ones and quarter the larger ones) and the onions (sliced into thin wedges). Fry for a few minutes, let the veg brown here and there a little.
3. Add the prepared asparagus (not the heads) and the sliced leek. Stir-fry for a few minutes, then cover with a lid and cook on medium heat just for a few minutes to moisten and soften a little, but do not overcook.
4. Take the lid off, add the asparagus heads and stir-fry for a few more minutes.
Serve. Share. Enjoy!