Light summer soup made from garden veg
You will need (feeds 4 to 5 people):
3 young leeks
1 medium barbosa onion (new season onions with a sweeter flavour)
1 celery stick
1 small kohlrabi
3 or 4 young courgettes
small bunch fresh parsley
1 l bone broth
2 tbsp coconut oil or animal fat
1. In a soup pot melt the coconut oil, add the chopped leeks, onion and celery and toss for a few minutes to lightly brown the veg.
2. Add the peeled and diced kohlrabi and the bone broth. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and gently cook for about 20 mins to soften the veg.
3. Julienne the courgettes.
4. Add half of the courgettes to the soup, cook for 3 to 4 mins.
5. Add the roughly chopped parsley and cream the soup with a hand-held blender into a smooth liquid.
6. Add the remaining courgettes and gently cook for 3 to 4 more mins.
7. Serve into bowls. Enjoy!