A fuss-free dinner with delicious salmon and crunchy veg
Late spring, the air is filled with the scent of flowering plants. more sunshine, more warmth, and my body craves more raw vegetables, green ones, crunchy ones. This salad is a delicious parade of spring/summer veg.
You will need:
kiln roasted salmon fillets (1 or 2 slices per person, Ingredients: salmon, salt.)
green lettuce leaves
purple lettuce leaves
wild rocket leaves (rucola)
green olives (Ingredients: Green olives, water, sea salt, lemon juice.)
apple cider vinegar
1. Rinse the salad leaves (lettuce and rocket), drain them well (use a salad spinner if you have one) and put them in a large mixing bowl.
2. Peel the cucumber (optional) and slice it thinly. Add to the salad leaves.
3. Thinly slice the red onions and chop the spring onions. Add them to the mixing bowl.
4. Pit the olives, quarter the flesh and mix to the salad.
5. Season with a little apple cider vinegar and drizzle with olive oil. Mix thoroughly.
6. Serve the salad into bowls and top with the salmon slices. Enjoy!
[i] For more GAPS/PALEO recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.