Quick and easy soup with leeks and courgettes
When I am bored drinking bone broth alone I transform this super healer into a super creamy vegetable liquid.
You will need (feeds 4):
2 young courgettes
1 or 2 shallots
2 garlic cloves
1 cm fresh ginger root
handful of young spinach
2 generous tbsp coconut oil
1.5 l bone broth (chicken, beef, or lamb)
pinch of Himalayan rock salt
1. In a soup pot melt the coconut oil, add the sliced / roughly chopped leeks. Stir for a minute to combine with the oil. Cover with a lid and let it gently cook for 8 to 10 mins.
2. Add the thinly sliced shallots, garlic and ginger. Cook for a minute or two to release the aroma into the oil.
3. Add the sliced / diced courgettes. Add a splash of filtered water, cover with a lid and gently cook for another 5 mins.
4. Add the bone broth, bring to the boil.
5. Add the young spinach leaves and using a hand held blender blend the soup into a creamy liquid.
6. Serve hot. Enjoy!
[i] For more GAPS/PALEO recipe ideas please visit my GAPS recipes selection.