Easy Easter treat - free from gluten, dairy, egg, nuts and soya
You will need:
pure dark chocolate (100% cacao, like Willie's cacao Venezuelan black)
pure brown rice puffs (100% brown rice, like Big Oz)
coconut butter or creamed coconut or cacao butter
pinch of Himalayan rock salt
dark chocolate mini eggs*
1. Melt the creamed coconut in a small bowl with a good splash of filtered water over low heat.
2. Place the bowl with the coconut milk over a pan of gently simmering water, add the chocolate pieces and gently stir until just melted.
3. Pour the chocolate over the puffed brown rice, season with cinnamon, cardamom and salt. Drizzle with a little honey and add some desiccated coconut. Stir well to combine.
4. Spoon the chocolate rice into silicone muffin cases, press the back of a teaspoon in the centre to create a dent for the chocolate egg.
5. Chill the nests in the refrigerator for 1 or 2 hours to set or until ready to serve.
6. Place 1 dark chocolate mini egg in each nest.
* Divine Dark Chocolate Solid Eggs INGREDIENTS: Cocoa mass, sugar, cocoa butter, emulsifier: sunflower lecithin, vanilla. Cocoa solids 70% minimum.
Tip: Make your own chocolate eggs by melting some pure dark chocolate (adding some coconut butter and honey), moulding into egg shapes and wrapping into patterned paper or foil.
To see the whole Easter 2016 menu, please follow the link.